Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have the winegard roof mounted satellite. The cable from

Customer Question

I have the winegard roof mounted satellite. The cable from satellite comes in behind tv in livingroom. I can hook satellite straight into my receiver then receiver into tv and get satellite, but how do I get satellite in the other two rooms?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

Normally you would have a switcher box inside that the cables from the sat. go to If you do not have a switcher box then normally a cable is run to each receiver from the sat so you would have one receiver per TV.... What is the model of the Winegard? I should be able to send you some info on this.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the winegard road trip mini max I think model RT8000S. I have multiple receivers just not sure on hooking them to satellite signal. I was hoping to be able to hook the receivers into the wall connections in the other two rooms, but don't know how to get the satellite signal to them
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

It is looking like that Sat will supply the coax for two receivers, if you look at the Sat it will have Primary and secondary port. The Secondary cable would have to be run to the receiver that you want to use. Normally in the shop we would punch a hole in a cabinet above that receiver and then loom and secure the coax on the roof with R clamps and 1/4" stainless screws, then seal the screw heads with dicor sealant.

When you drill through the roof start off with a small pilot hole and then use a larger bit, just a bit bigger then the coax. They do have plates that you can secure over the hole, you woulds put the dicor sealant under the plate and then screw it down with the stainless screws..... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can only run two receivers with that satellite? Is there any way I can hook the satellite into the campers wiring so that I can hook up receivers to the coax connections in the three different rooms? Why is there 2 coax connections behind tv in livingroom?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

That is what it is looking like, you could add a splitter however you would have to watch whatever the other TV is watching. It only has two ports and normally you need a receiver per TV. I would see if they have the secondary coax hooked up is so then it might allow you to hook up to one of the TV'S. IF the secondary coax is not hooked up then you will have to run the coax. I have no idea what the connections are for in the livingroom, would be hard to know without a print.... Robert