Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Well maybe I have a 2000 26' Jamboree and the slide out is

Customer Question

Well maybe I have a 2000 26' Jamboree and the slide out is giving me a problem of clunking at ver even period as the slide is moving out or in. I think I need a new gear. Where cn I get one. I've noticed several teeth laying on the edge of the frame; so it's looking serious. Does the whole slide have to come out of the motorhome to repir this?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That depends on whether or not the teeth are from the motor drive gear or the frame rail gear track. Most of the time, no......you can do this without removing the room, but it isn't the kind of repair most DIY folks can do as it takes some special tools and a slide room lift to hold the room in place while you take the gear tracks out. IF you can take some photos of the track areas or the motor and attach them to your post, that would be helpful here. All follow ups are included in our fee so please get back to me if you need more here.