Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a onen 5500 gen that wants to start but wont. have

Customer Question

i have a onen 5500 gen that wants to start but wont. have checked fuel filters and they are clear checked fuel pump if in prime it works put when i crank it over i dont feel the pump working.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

I see no other experts have responded. What I might try and do is put the supply line in a fuel can on the ground and see if the generator will start, sometimes the line from the tank to generator can suck air into the line if it is weathered or cracked. So this will eliminate the supply line and tank as part as the problem, if that is not the problem you could have a bad control board or fuel pump for the generator. Robert