Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I own a Thor Tuscany FX40 Dewinterized but cannot get water

Customer Question

I own a Thor Tuscany FX40
Dewinterized but cannot get water to flow from main holding tank through the rest of the system. I am missing some shut off valve and believe it is in the same basic location as the water heater
Can you help
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Normally you will have a hot, cold and bypass on the backside of the water heater, opposite of the outside access panel, sometimes you have to pull a panel from the inside to get at them. The hot and cold should be open or valve handle running with the pipe and the bypassed closed or valve handle against the pipe. It will take a few mins. for the tank to fill up and during this time you should feel air coming out of the faucets. Sometimes you also might find a valve near the water pump that is a cutoff so I would also look for that,. Make sure any other valves are set to draw from the tank. Some set ups you have to turn a valve in the plumbing bay to allow you to use the water in the tank....

I would also make sure the water pump is not air bound, crack the outlet on the pump briefly turn the pump on and then tighten the line back up...... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert