Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

To you, I have a 2005 Beaver Monterey and 4th time in 2

Customer Question

Good day to you,
I have a 2005 Beaver Monterey and for the 4th time in 2 years several thousand dollars later and only 3500 miles the solenoid for the coach power has burnt up. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance & Have A Blessed Day
Ron(###) ###-####
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

This is a difficult one with out a wiring diagram... To start on this I would be checking your cables from the disconnect solenoid to the battery, make sure the cables are clean and tight and that the cable is not resting on the frame or has caught a screw. Have seen an issue once before where the cable was routed on the frame and the cable would rub or vibrate from driving and catch a screw, over time it would cause a short and cause the solenoid to fail. I would also have the batteries load tested to make sure they are good, if the batteries were in poor condition OR one had a shorted cell it would be an issue. Most auto parts stores can load test them for free... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert