Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Maintenance problem. The generator will not start and the

Customer Question

Maintenance problem. The generator will not start and the truck battery is low. I just changed the battery and am running the truck but the generator is not starting, is there another battery for the generator?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Mos t gensets start off the house batteries...........check those and be sure that if you remove them for load testing that you take a photo or make a good diagram first so you get them hooked back up again correctly. If you have not checked the water in them lately I would do that as well. The house batteries should be either under the entry step or up front by the motor and perhaps someone may have removed them if you don't find them. Hope that proves to be helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more here as all follow ups are included in our fee. And be sure that the disconnect solenoid switch is in the "use" position so the batteries are "in the loop" or they may not be connected. That switch is usually by the entry door or on the overhead by the door. Most would be made by Intellitec and say that on the switch plate.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to get this sorted out or do we still need to dig deeper into the problem?