Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Air bags on each conner ofthe body of my 1998 monaco willnot

Customer Question

air bags on each conner ofthe body of my 1998 monaco willnot inflate
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

So you have one air bag on each side corner that is not inflating? Have you tried to air the RV up and then release the parking brake? Normally when you do that the bags should automatically fill. IF that does not help then you could have an issue with the ride height valves, the ride height valves allow air into the bags. The ride height valves set the height for a smooth drive, when a valve fails then it could prevent the air from getting into the bags. Normally you will always have one valve per bag but sometimes you might only find one in the front that controls both bags. I would really advise to have a mobile service come out and check the valves. To check the valves you would need to get under the RV and move the rod the valve is attached to this is done with the engine running, the wheels blocked and the parking brake released, it can be VERY dangerous if you do not have jack stands and a quick way to get out. I have seen a tech get crushed years ago because all the bags dumped.

The only other thing I can think of is if there was a faulty valve for the leveling system, sometimes they will also use a dump solenoid for the air bags depending on the system, try cycling the leveling to see if that helps out at all..... Hope this helps some.... Robert