peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Diesel onan in a 34 foot southwind cranks won't start. runs

Customer Question

diesel onan in a 34 foot southwind cranks won't start. runs briefly on starting fluid. was running fine this morning.
help
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check the fuel feed for the generator and make sure it isn't blocked or kinked in any way.If this is o.k. if there is a separate fuel filter for the generator it may be restricted causing this issue here and may need replaced.This sounds like a lack of fuel since it will start on starting fluid and the source of the lack of fuel needs located and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.