peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2001 Rexhall Vision DP (Cummins). 30K miles mint

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Rexhall Vision DP (Cummins). 30K miles mint condition otherwise - always garaged.
My BCC seems to be faulty. It started when all my coach (2) and chassis (2) batteries died of old age. Extensive charging kept them alive but I may have damaged something in the process ? I replaced all (4) batteries with new ones recently and are fully charged. After that my coach side of the system works perfectly. The chassis side is completely dead (no ignition power). I have an Intellitec Diesel B.C.C Model 00606-100 CCA connected to dual Intellitec 01-00055-002 relays all under dash. Intellitec Control Panel BD2. Also, have White Rogers 250A 586-902 behind firewall. Symptom are: Coach half of circuit works fine. Chassis side is completely dead.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.Unfortunately I don't have any testing procedures on this here myself but I see no one else has replied with any info on this.

From what is described here this sounds like the control panel (BD2) panel itself may be the cause here as it may be damaged internally not sending signals to allow this to operate properly.I don't see this is a blown fuse or damaged wiring or faulty switches since this only occurred with the dead battery issue.The constant charging of the bad batteries most likely caused a voltage surge damaging the control panel to where it needs replaced now.I have seen this occur before on other models with the control panel itself needing replaced and I suspect the BD2 panel on your model needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,
Thanks for the reply. The control panel switches appears to be working because I can hear the BD relays close and open and verify a short across the large relay terminals when closed. Both chassis and coach behave the same at the BD rely. I also removed the panel last night and did some troubleshooting on it. See attached schematic. I operated both coach and chassis rocker switches while monitoring each with an ohmmeter. Its appears both are operating properly and the same in both store/use positions making ohmic contact of less than 2 ohms when held in either position. I don't think its related to the problem, but, I was unable to test the ignition lockout relay in the panel but I'll do that today. Does it still sound like the panel, or could it be the B.C.C. control board ?

Your welcome.

If the battery disconnect is opening and closing properly I suspect the relays are o.k..The control board itself may be the cause here as some of the circuitry on it may be faulty.I have seen some of the electronics fail on some of the boards and cause this type of fault here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This control board is fairly expensive ($200), is there a way to troubleshoot the circuit board to confirm that it is bad ? There appears to be some test points (power and ground) for the chassis and coach circuits (see left side of attached photo) on control board, are you familiar with this design ?

I am not 100 percent familiar with this model here.I don't have any test procedures myself on this unfortunately.From what has been checked and done here it sounds like the control board itself is the cause.If you want I can always open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist more just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - I'll get a new board and report back results once installed. Thanks for you help so far.

Your welcome.Like I said if you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.Let me know if you need anything else and if satisfied feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete