Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2015 Crusier rv Radiance TT. Sometimes when only on

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Crusier rv Radiance TT. Sometimes when only on DC power and I use the power jack in front or a slide it will blow the 20 amp fuse at the battery area. This only happens when using DC. not when on 110. What could the problem be?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

When you are unplugged you are only running from the battery, so if it is blowing the fuse it could be a battery issue or loose corroded cable. Many times the power jack is wired directly to the battery so I would check all your connections at the battery, make sure the cables are clean. I would also have the battery load tested to make sure it is not the problem. I know it is a 2015 and the battery should still be good but I would want to eliminate that as part of the problem, most auto parts stores will load test them for free. IF it is a voltage issue and you only have one battery I might also consider adding a second battery.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Also wanted to mention if this is a 2015 and the battery and cables look good then I might have the dealer take a look, normally you have a one year warranty period for issues that come up. IF you start taking to many items apart and they catch on you could void the warranty have seen that before..... Robert