Blake Pankratz
Blake Pankratz,
Experience:  Parts Department Manager at Steinbach Holiday RV
72417155

2006 Mercedes five cylinder. this thing got weak and would

Customer Question

2006 Mercedes five cylinder. this thing got weak and would go into limp mode. if I turned the key off then back on it would run OK then the problem would return. we had the filter changed and it helped for a few miles then returned. I have a gauge in the supply line from tank before filter I am getting 60lbs. what is the recommended pressure?
Category: RV
Expert:  Blake Pankratz replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I can try to help you. Fuel pressure spec is 58-65psi. Do you have any check engine lights.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Mercedes dealer said it had a rail pressure air then when they put the new filter on they reset the air message and it did not return I do not have a check engine light now

Do you have any fuel leaks? It might be possible that your pump is slowly failing, but has not fully failed yet. Unfortunately without more data I am not able to help you any further. Please let me know if there are any other specific questions I can answer for you.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no fuel leaks I suspect the screen in the bottom of the tank covering the lift pump

That absolutely could be it. Pull the pump and see if it is plugged, check the fuel, if it is dirty or has a lot of water in it too. Please rate if you are satisfied! Thank You!