Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

When I switch my refrig from elec. to gas the light doesn't

Customer Question

When I switch my refrig from elec. to gas the light doesn't come on what can I do to fix
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dometic, RM 2610
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The first thing to check is the DC input to the fridge. Be sure that the batteries are fully charged and that the converter is putting out the needed voltage in order to charge them. Then you can be sure that isn't the issue. Most of the time, this will be either the light itself or the ignition module. Checking that with either a small digital multimeter or 12 VDC test light can tell you that. I can direct you in the testing. The meter is about $20 or so at most hardware stores and about $5 or so for a test light. Get back to me when you are ready to test. All follow ups are included in our fee and fully expected in these situations. I will make a phone call option available to you in case you think it might be helpful.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am adding a link to the Dometic Service Manual which can be very useful here. Please get back to me if we need to dig deeper into the problem. Thanks! http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/rm2510_52.pdf