Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

While replacing the exterior porch bulb next to side door

Customer Question

While replacing the exterior porch bulb next to side door the the black wire to fixture was loose while wiggling it the two center interior lights, the light over sink and outside front light on the same side went out. I checked all of the fuses in the panel they are still good. Why did this happen. Am I missing a fuse somewhere? Where can I get a wiring diagram?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

No wiring diagrams are available I am sorry to say. Fleetwood got rid of them when they quit making towables. I would get a 12 VDC test light like you can find at most automotive or hardware stores and use it to test all the fuses and leads into the switches. Be sure you don't have a bad one there first. Then if that all checks out, you can go up to the fixture and see if a hot lead came loose or dropped down and is not allowing the completion of the circuit. You may have to take the fixture off to see and even use a small dental mirror to see down or up inside the wall. That may be where the hot feed from the switch comes in. This will take some time and patience if it is in the wiring unless you just have a loose lead there. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups here are included in our fee.