Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My landing jacks and rear slide won't work. I checked the

Customer Question

My landing jacks and rear slide won't work. I checked the two inline fuses near the battery and they are good. What to try next???
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Are you plugged into shore power? And perhaps the battery is low or failing. Any trailer with a slide out should have at least two batteries! Many dealers try to save a few $$$ by leaving one out. Slides and jacks take a lot of power to operate. I suspect this is the problem here. I would have it load tested to be sure it is good and give it a good charging if it is good and get another one to add to it. I can direct you in the hookup. Not hard. Take a photo or mark the cables before you remove them for testing the battery. Most places that sell batteries can load test them for you. If the battery is over 3 years old chances are good it needs replacing. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee and fully expected here. I am making a phone call option available for you just in case you feel that would be more helpful.