Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Where do I find the charger and inverter fifth wheel.

Customer Question

Where do I find the charger and inverter for my fifth wheel.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

These types of questions can be difficult as this unit is over 20 years old. The converter will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR stand alone and plug into an outlet. On the stand alone style they can be located just about anywhere and it changes from year to year, sometimes they are in back of the breaker panel, under the stove or fridge. Sometimes they will also be outside near the battery and a give away would be a vented panel, they use a vent to help the converter get air flow. IF it is working and you apply a load with all the lights etc then you might be able to hear the fan going on the converter, understand if it is not working as that would not apply. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert.