Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a dutchman 26bh travel camper. I replaced duotherm

Customer Question

i have a dutchman 26bh travel camper. I replaced duotherm control board and thermostat(###) ###-####009 analog thermostat due to air conditioner cycling when in off position. I replaced it with dometic(###) ###-####000 with digital thermostat. Air conditioner is now working properly. When I switch to heat, the 15 amp furnace fuse blows.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That may not have anything to do with the change in the thermostat UNLESS you didn't change out the ceiling control box as well. That kit has both, so you need both. The reason for the furnace fuse blowing is usually the motor going bad, but if one of the air wheels has come loose and is binding up, that can do it. IF this is the first time you have used the furnace this season, it can be a mouse has gotten into that area. It happens all the time! Get back to me and let me know the make and model of your furnace and I can get you a Service Manual and direct you further here. I will also make a phone call offer for you if you think that might be more helpful.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to sort this out or do you still need some assistance with it? I am adding a link to the Atwood Hydroflame Furnace manual in case that is what you have. The Suburban furnaces are very similar in construction and some use the same parts. Please let me know if you want to dig deeper into this as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit. I am making the phone call option available to you as well in case you feel that would be easier and quicker. Thanks! http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf