Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a 1991 versatile 190. there is a small waterleak,

Customer Question

we have a 1991 versatile 190. there is a small waterleak, must be underneath the toilet. Took toilet off, plugged waterline, turned pump on -- still a little noise under the floor. Pump comes on and off. If and how can i get floor out? It sounds leak is there.
Thank you very much!
Hans
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

What I would do to help pin down the area is drain your water tank and install a blow out plug and apply about 30 psi of air, you should be able to hear the leak. Most RV stores have the plugs for a few dollars. Water can travel pretty far and you might not see it in the place that it is leaking. IF you use the air method and move the lines around you will hear the air change sound when you get the right line. I would see if there is a line cover in the bathroom that can be removed to access the line. I would next go outside right below the bathroom and see if you can locate the line going into the RV, if you can id the line then you can make the repair with some compression style fittings, you would cut the old line out and then run your new line inside and then use a compression style fitting to make the connection. Sometimes they will run the lines in a channel right below the floor so the flooring would have to come up to expose the lines. Before doing that I would verify the leak connection with the air method...... Hope this helps some.... Robert