peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Allison model#306029528414, shows "service" and codes:

Customer Question

Allison model#306029528414, shows "service" and codes: d1-21-12. "98 Newmar motorhome, worked great 4 days and next morning did not. Drove home, but would not shift to 6.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has replied with the info you are looking for here.In some cases this may be due to the code you have here being difficult to locate info on.

This can be a fault with the transmission valve body itself or possibly an issue with a solenoid or sensor in the transmission needing replaced.I have seen these cause this type of fault here before with one of these components needing replaced.

I would have this tested/checked into further to pinpoint which component is at fault here needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.