Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a xantrex freedom 458 model # 81-2022-12 that is not

Customer Question

I have a xantrex freedom 458 model # ***** that is not working and am replacing it with a Xantrex 458 model # ***** the new one only has two circuits vs. 3 on the old one. Can I still install the new one?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Yes............but, do you know for certain the old was was bad? They can be repaired. And you will have to combine two of the three circuits OR install a switch that allows you to use one or the other. This depends on what is on them and the total amps draw of what is connected or projected to be used here. What is the wire size on the three circuits? That would help you determine what you can use. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.