Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I am having trouble with my 2008 Jayco eagle 5th wheel

Customer Question

I am having trouble with my 2008 Jayco eagle 5th wheel furnace
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Do you have the make and model of the furnace? and to confirm it is sparking?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is sparking because when it tries to start I can feel the heat at the exhaust outside. the model # ***** the heater 8940-lll-DCLP L/D.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

This can be a few things, LP pressure, circuit board or the electrode. When the furnace starts sparking it needs good LP pressure for the electrode to light off and give flame. IF the circuit board does not sense the presence of flame through the electrode it will shut down. IF the electrode was not adjusted properly or faulty then the board would shut down the flame. You really need to have the LP pressure checked at the furnace to verify it is good. Go to the main LP tank and shut the valve, slowly open it back up, sometimes if that valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure. A shop with a manometer can test the pressure.

I would next have the circuit board tested, most RV shops have a special board tester and can tell if the board is bad. If the board checks out good and the LP pressure is good then I would replace the electrode. IF you need a service manual on this please let me know..... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a service manual and would like to have one
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Click HERE for that..... It covers all models including the 8900 series..... It should help, they do a decent job on there manuals.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert