Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Leaving to go deer hunting and my slides on my RV will not

Customer Question

leaving to go deer hunting and my slides on my RV will not close. They started to now they have stopped and the motor just clicks when I push the retract button
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

This indicates a battery issue that can be either just low voltage due to not being plugged into shore power OR they may be failing. It can also be a charging issue with the converter IF you are plugged in. Slide rooms take a lot of power and you need at least 2 good batteries fully charged to do a good job. The charging can be checked with a small digital multimeter like you can find at most automotive or hardware stores for around $20 or so. I can direct you in this. IF you remove them in order to have them load tested or replaced, be sure you mark the cables carefully or take a photo of them to be sure you get them hooked up correctly. I would check the water levels and if they are dry, it is pretty much given that they are ruined. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee and multiple exchanges are expected on the majority of questions.