Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.
19372534

My microwave stopped working a couple days ago and when I

Customer Question

Hello My microwave stopped working a couple days ago and when I came home the generator was running and I plugged in to my home. The microwave started working but the generator died immediately and I have not been able to get it to start. I changed the spark plug and it has a new air filter. I have tried troubleshooting based on the owners manual and the codes blinked 3 times x6 and paused then blinked four paused then blinked 1 and then 5. I am at a loss and every shop is backed up until after the holidays. There has to be a breaker or fuze I am not aware of.. I checked the breaker in the control panel on the generator but have been told the generator would run whether that breaker was on or not?
Category: RV
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

Yes, the genset will run even with the breaker shut off. That is not going to be the issue.

I am extremely confused as to what code you may be getting, though. Lets go in and pull a manual code retrieval.

Go to the genset and use the switch on the set itself.
Press 'Stop' 3 times within 5 seconds. The light in the switch will start flashing.
If the light flashes 3 times, pauses for 3 seconds, and flashes 3 more times, press and immediately release 'Stop' one more time.

This will put the controller into Fault Read Mode.

The light will flash (X) number of times, pause for 1 second, and flash for (X) number of times again. Count the flashes before and after the pause.

This will be the Fault Code.

Example: 2 rapid flashes, 1 second pause, 5 rapid flashes is a Fault Code 25.

There may be more than one Fault Code stored, so watch the light very carefully. If there is more than one code, it will display them all in order, and then start over again.

Be very careful not to misread a first level fault code (single digit code) as a second level fault code (double digit code).

The way to tell the difference is by the length of the pauses.

There is a 1 second pause between digits of a second level code, and a 3 second pause between codes.

For example, if it is flashing 2 times, 1 second pause, flashing 2 times, 3 second pause and repeating, then this is a second level fault code of 22.

If it is flashing 2 times, 3 second pause, flashing 2 times, 3 second pause and repeating, then this is a first level fault code of 2.

What Fault Code are you getting?

.

I this is confusing, I have made a short video of how to retrieve the code.

Click here if you wish to see the video.