Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I store my 5th wheel 60 days. Storage location has no power

Customer Question

I store my 5th wheel for sometimes 60 days. Storage location has no power so whn i return to hook up my batteries are often not strong enough to raise the jacks. I want to install a Coleman solar 4 watt trickle battery charger and install a 7 wire plug using the Aux battery charging (terminal) and the ground wire (terminal). Thanks in advance for the help
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

So if I understand correctly you want to use the charge wire that is present on the tow plug and wire in the solar panel to that point?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

That should be fine but is your solar panel going to have some type of charge controller? IF so then no worries, if it does not have a charge controller then you may have to monitor the batteries and see what they are getting charged at the voltage should not go over 15 volts. The tow wiring should be able to handle about 20 to 30 amps..... Robert