Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2006 motorhome with a triton v -10, this weekend on

Customer Question

I have a 2006 motorhome with a triton v -10, this weekend on a trip the water temped spike, so I pulled over and shut the engine off. When I restarted the water temp back to normal and I continued on my way. On the return trip it did it more frequent. It would do the same as above, I would pull over shut the engine off for a minute and restart and the temp would go back down and I would continue on my way. However it did it six times on the return trip. Other than that engine ran great no other issues. Please help and tell me what u think. Tha nks
Category: RV
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Where you towing in this event, stuck in traffic, on hilly terrain?

What was the ambient air temp?

Any coolant loss?

So far the signs are pointing to a sticking thermostat or a slight head gasket leak, packing air into the cooling system and the air bubble is preventing coolant flow.

Are you able to change the thermostat, electrically test the coolant sensor wiring, and do a compression test?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.