Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

1986 WINNEBAGO RENAULT DRIVETRAIN TROUBLE SHOUT TRAN LIGHT

Customer Question

1986 WINNEBAGO RENAULT DRIVETRAIN TROUBLE SHOUT TRAN LIGHT ON DASH ONLY 1 GEAR TRAN REBLUIT 6 MOUTH AGO
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Is the work they did under any warranty? Do you see any fluid leaking out of the trans portion? Did you check the fluid level?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
full
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

No warranty on their work? Do you have the model of the trans from the data tag?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no data tag renault drive train so you know i run my on auto perpaire garger i call winnabago talk to them told me it a sensor or wire on the outside of unit but i cant find any to t/s sensor or harness can find and thing on wire and voltage to test system
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
front wheel drive 2.2 engine turbo
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

O.K........I have a manual for an 87 model at my shop. Let me take a look and see what I can find. I think Winnebago was talking about the harness that plugs into the side of the transmission. Is it possible that it came loose?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I show 5 plugs into the trans. There is a multipurpose switch with a ground lead attached. The speed sensor lead. The vacuum lead. And the two leads for the solenoid pilot valves. Check those to see if any are loose. If you have someone there that can do a read on the code, that would help to know where to look. The computer may be bad as well or perhaps just have a dirty connection. Do you have a Fax number I can fax some material to on ths?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FAX(###) ###-####I DONT HAVE A COMPUTER TO HOOK UP TO READ FOR CODE
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

O.K........let me fax you what I have on this.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Check the speed sensor.......see that on the diagnositic page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU I GET BACK TO YOU IN COUPLE OF DAYS
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

10-4............hope that proves helpful here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CAN YOU SEND ME THE WIRE FOR THE TRAN SENSOR AND VOLTAGE & OHMS
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I don't have any parts for that.........it would have to be from a dealer or parts house. What about the voltage and ohms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need wire voltage & ohms to check out the sensor & wire to make sure of voltage please
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I have that info when I get to the shop this morning.............about 4 hours from now.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I couldn't find any more information on this..........you may have to contact a transmission shop for that. Or maybe Winnebago might have something.