peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Xantrex TC6012 charger, installed and worked fine months,

Customer Question

Xantrex TC6012 charger, installed and worked fine for 6 months, but now all led indicators are still normal, but there is no output. Checked the 3 output fuses and they are all good. Battery bank, GEL, 400 aH. Connections are good, charger "sees" the batteries, because by design it does not turn on until AC 120V and DC 12V are present. Is there anything I can do or is it a brick? I am a retired electronics tech so could do some internal checks if you have test points etc
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here if it is lighting up and appears to be operating but isn't operating as it should at all this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the charger itself.I have seen these fail on their own in the past before needing replaced unfortunately.In some cases you can have it repaired by an electrical repair center but in most cases it needs replaced unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.