peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

We own a 2006 Four Winds 31P Motor home. When retracting the

Customer Question

We own a 2006 Four Winds 31P Motor home. When retracting the sofa/dining slide out yesterday, there was a fairly loud 'pop' on the dining table end of the slide, when it obviously bound up about 5 inches shy of being fully retracted. I see how to get access to the motor drive of the Lippert above floor slide assembly, but how do you gain access to the drive gears at each rail ? I do not see any form of access under the dining, nor the sofa for the rail drives.
Upon looking a couple of Lippert manuals, I believe I either sheared a roll pin, or broke the rack gear. Just want to check it out, but dont see how to do it in this particular floor plan.
Thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models the under flooring may need removed under this model to gain access to these here.I have seen before where extensive components needed removed to gain access to the components to locate and correct the fault.Unfortunately my info is limited on this model here to see for sure how this is done exactly.If you haven't tried to contact a dealer to see if they can tell you how this is done you might try this to see if they can tell you for sure.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.