Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I was hooking up the battery to my cheyene pop up the pos

Customer Question

I was hooking up the battery to my coleman cheyene pop up the pos terminal sparked then there was no further current to the electrical system does the auto reset circuit breaker fail or is there another breaker/fuse between the battery and the system?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Are you plugged into power? Yes sometimes they will install a breaker between the converter and battery, below is a picture. Normally they are near the battery on the frame, the voltage to chassis ground should be the same on each posts, some are thermal and self reset and others have a tiny tab that pops out when they trip. IF you have no DC power it could also be an issue with the converter. The converter will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR stand alone and plug into an outlet. On the stand alone style they will have two fuses on them, on the fuse/breaker style the converter fuse will be with the other fuses so make sure you do not have a fuse blown. Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Please keep in min I only get credit when you select a rating, follow ups are included....

Breaker.