Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a starcraft comet fold down camper and I think my

Customer Question

I have a starcraft comet fold down camper and I think my converter is bad it is a 2015 but my batt keeps going down even while pluged in to electric out let and nothing will work . I hooked it up to an external charger and every thing works
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

When you are plugged into power the power converter will take the incoming AC voltage and make the DC voltage, it should also charge the battery if you have one. Make sure you do not have a breaker tripped near the battery, below is a picture as a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and that can be on the frame, most have a small tab that pops out when they trip, I would see if you have one on the cable from the converter. The voltage to chassis ground should be the same. IF the breaker is fine or you do not have one then it sounds like the converter is bad. Being it is a 2015 I might consider a shop looking at this as if the converter failed it should be covered under warranty and you should not have to go through the hassle of changing it.... Hope this helps, If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Breaker.