Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My awing on my 2011 keystone cougar will not roll up after

Customer Question

my awing on my 2011 keystone cougar will not roll up after being out half the summer. checked fuses, have electrical power at site, batteries fully charged, everything else works, including slideouts
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

What I would do is get a 12 volt battery and jump the motor leads direct and see if the awning moves at all, if you swap the jumper wires the awning should want to run the other way. Push in on the roller tube as well before jumping power to make sure it is not seized up, if nothing happens when jumping power direct then the motor is bad and would need to be replaced. IF the awning works jumping power check the wires at the switch, I have seen sometimes when the switch is installed it bends the wires on the back side due to hitting the inside wall, make sure all your interior fuses are good and look for an inline fuse at the battery.... Hope this helps some. IF you still need more help please get me the make and model of the awning.... Follow ups are included.... Robert