Ron, RV Mechanic
Experience:  32 years Master Tech ASE certified.
7276279

I have a 1994 Winnebago Elante with a chevy chassis WCP33RQ.

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Winnebago Elante with a chevy chassis WCP33RQ. Trying to find where the electric fuel pump relay switch is located. It is not getting any fuel, I thought I would try the relay switch first. I have 14,000 miles on it.
Fuel Pump is not pumping and cannot hear it run. I would like to know what the part number for the electric fuel pump is and where I can purchase one from. Is it a Winnebago Part or Chev Part? It is a 75 gallon tank.
Category: RV
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Because its a GM manufactured chassis in order to determine what the part number on the fuel pump is you are going to need to contact your local GM dealer along with your vin number and tank size and they should be able to tell you which pump your have, one other way would be to retrieve the part number off of the old pump and they should be able to cross it over for you. The common problem is usually due to a fuel pump failure and not the relay. Due to the age of the coach, Winnebago dose not have a parts listing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My main question was, where is the fuel pump relay switch located? The gas gauge quit working the same time the fuel pump quit pumping. We are questioning this because it appears to be electrical.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I would agree and the place to start is to check key on, engine cranking at the connector at the fuel pump. Unfortunately Winnebago on a coach this old does not offer relay locations but in mot cases you will find them in the relay center in the engine compartment, that being said, the fuel gauge is not connected to the FP relay at all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any directions of how to remove and reinstall the fuel pump and tank for this 1994 Winnegabo Elante WCP33RQ?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I do not, I have done them before you its not to bad as long as the tank is not full of fuel, to replace the fuel pump you will need to place a floor jack under the center of the tank and then remove the mounting strap bolts that hold the tank to the frame, once you have the straps loose lover the tank down which will give you access to the fuel pump assembly, most are bolted to the tank with 6 to 8 bolts, remove them and the pump assembly pulls up and out.