Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2005 Motorhome with a NDR1292 Dometic ser #

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Motorhome with a NDR1292 Dometic ser # ***** refrigerator. My inside light burnt out an when i replaced the bulb, i relized it stayed on all the time. I replaced the switch with no change. I checked continuity in the switch and it was correct. I have 12vdc comming in on both lines and then the ground on the third. Any suggestions?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Was it working properly before the bulb burned out? Did you inspect the wiring closely for any bare spots?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked wiring inside ref but did not know where they went (what board or terminal). Had 12vdc on the two wires.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Then this has a chaffed spot on the harness or it may be pinched or perhaps some mice got in there. You may have to check the rear of the fridge to see if you can see anything visual. Open up the outside inspection cover and look down towards the lower left hand corner where the harness it. It has two wires and they will be the same color as inside.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did look inside and found a dirt dobber nest but not on any wiriing. I will check again in the morning. and let you know. I do have a diagram an it looks like the wires go to grnd, 12vdc, an LAC. I do not know what LAC is. There is a light on the panel. What is ALC? Is it some cycle that stops or starts when the door is open?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

O.K..........I misunderstood you earlier. See the diagram on page 14 which I think is the same as yours. I can't read the small print on the installation manual I have online. Print out a copy of this Service Manual as it is basically the same one as the 1092 model, just taller. Or Bookmark it so you can come back to it later. The LAT is the low ambient temp switch and is located above the freezer door on the bottom edge of the control board. Notice that the "other" positive lead goes to that. Try turning that off and see what happens. The way I was reading the original question I was thinking you had power in both the positive feed and the neutral here. On other models that would be true as they don't all have a LAT switch. Let me know what happens here. All follow ups are included in our fee. http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I will check an let you Know. What I read on my diagram is LAC. Is that the same?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Same thing...........has to do with the ambient temps.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

It is supposed to cut down on the front inside and around the door gasket. There is a heater strip around them in some models.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to get this resolved or do we need to dig deeper into this?