gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Connected to shore power. All circuit breakers are OK.

Customer Question

Connected to shore power. All circuit breakers are OK. Inside control panel all light green. No AC power. Turned on generator and still no AC power.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The inverter supplies AC power when there is none from another source, but only to a limited number of outlets. Be sure that this isn't one of the models where you have to take the shore cord and plug it into the genset outlet down there. I don't recall without looking when they went to an automatic tranfer switch on these. When I get home for lunch I can check that for you, but I need the actual model number. That is how these are filed. And you NEVER want to run the genset at the same time as being connected to shore power! That can damage the transfer switch if you have one. Only one source of AC power can be used at any one time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK... Knew that.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

So what happens to the AC power when you run off just the shore cord or the genset? What is the make and model of your inverter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dimensions 12x20 ob3rt
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

O.K...........but, what happens with the AC circuits when you use another AC source? Does everything else work or not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but I called a mobile tech. To come troubleshoot . Apparently it was a circuit breaker to inverter behind a secured panel was loose and not staying in position.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Good...........thanks for letting me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Be safe.........