Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 1997 holiday rambler 32' fifth wheel and need to

Customer Question

i have a 1997 holiday rambler 32' fifth wheel and need to replace electric brakes, but dont know what to order (part number etc.) it has 2 5000 lb. axles and 6 lug. any help would be appreciated. I'd like to get whole drum assembly
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Have you taken one off yet? This will have 12" blacking plate assys but they can be two different widths. Are you getting them locally or ordering them? Most local shops carry them in stock and some would be self adjusting, but I think your unit is older and before those came out. If you can give me the width of the shoes I can give you some part numbers, but these are available from several companies and that will vary depending onn whose product you use. Get back to me with this and I can assist you further on this. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am attaching a link to a site that has these and also some helpful videos on "How To" for you. Get back to me if you need more on this. Be careful to keep the right and left sides marked as they are different. The shoes will need to be adjusted when you are done and the axle nut tension is very important here. Perhaps a phone chat would be helpful.