Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2003 fleetwood revolution. over the weekend i lost

Customer Question

i have a 2003 fleetwood revolution. over the weekend i lost all of the outlets tied to the inverter. I checked that both the cricuit breakers on the inverter are on. What could cause this? Bad inverter?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

More than likely the batteries are too low to provide current IF you weren't plugged into shore power OR if these are on a GFCI plug and string you may have just tripped it out. Push the button in on the one that is tripped to reset it. Most inverters have a light that tells you if you are in low voltage situation. Be sure that the battery disconnect didn't get tripped accidently. Surprising how often that happens here. Hope that proves helpful. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee. Please include the make and model of your inverter.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Having a small digital multimeter would be very helpful if we need to check that operation. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in that testing.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

IF we need to look deeper here, I would recommend that you contact Fleetwood Customer Service and get a complete set of wiring diagrams for this coach as those would be very helpful in tracking down a wiring issue if needed. Great to have! See the attached link for that site and be prepared to give them your FIN number. http://fleetwoodrv.com/partsandservice/

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking up to see how this is going............or if we need to do some testing in order to track this down?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been unable to reply. If you get this, the issue is I am not getting 110 power from the right side outlets while hooked to shore power.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

If you aren't using any kind of adapter on the cord then the issue is usually in the automatic transfer switch or in the inverter which is supposed to allow power to flow through it to some of the circuits. OR it can be a bad GFCI or one that has tripped. They tie more than one outlet to them as a rule. IF you are using a cord reel, it can cause one side to fail sometimes. If you were able to contact Fleetwood Customer Service for the wiring diagrams it makes tracking down the cause much easier. Those and a multimeter can usually get this done quickly. We can offer a phone call with my shop if you think that would be helpful, once you have the diagrams and meter.