Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I get a backfire in RV heating unit until it is fully

Customer Question

I get a backfire in RV heating unit until it is fully operational what might be the problem
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That is usually the result od the LP pressure at the tank regulator being too low and it makes the mixture too lean and it "explodes" rather than burns. This needs to be checked and adjusted at least once a year. It can be from having some insect debris in the burner or combustion chamber and a bugscreen can prevent that. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee. Please include the make and model of your furnace.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am attaching a link to the Atwood Furnace manual. Lots of good information in there. Bookmark it so you can com back to again any time or print out a copy. I am also making the phone chat option available for you if you think that would be more helpful here. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to get this resolved or do we need to do more digging on here?