Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Power to furnace fuse, but no power to thermostat??

Customer Question

Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

Hi is this a thermostat that is dedicated to the furnace or does it control the furnace and the a/c? If so, Is the ac a dometic or a coleman? thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The furnace only

thanks, ***** ***** the furnace, there you will see 3 wires going to it. one is hot one is ground, then two blue wires, these are the thermostat wires. test the wires there one of the blue should be hot, the other is the signal from the thermostat, can you please give me the model number of the furnace, then I can be specific on the wiring at the furnace components for testing other than these wires, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if the blue wire is not hot what than

depending on the model of the furnace if you can access the components from the outside of the coach and there may be a circuit breaker inside you can reset, the model number will allow me to be more specific, as I dont know what we are working on specifically . thanks if the furnace has a cover on the outside you can remove it , and see the model number there,if it only has a vent on the outside you need to remove the interior door on it to see the model number , and this is inside the coach at the furnace

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i could not find the model # ***** but the furnace is an Atwood Serial #(###) ###-#### ***** was 3 blue wires and there is power to the furnace, none at the thermostat.We did see rust on some of the connections.

I am sorry, without the model number I cannot be of assistance, I will put your question back up so another expert with perhaps another idea can help you, thank you for your patience......Michael

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Normally you would have power going into the thermostat and out on the blue wire to the furnace. IF you have power at the thermostat you should be able to tie the blue wires together and the fan motor should start. IF you do not have power then it sounds like you have an issue on that wire from the fuse panel. To test that I would run a wire outside the fuse panel to the thermostat and see if it will start. It could be a loose or corroded connection at some point. IF you can send me a picture of the thermostat and wiring it might help.... Robert