Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Have a 2003 Minnie Winnie and had a left inside dual tire

Customer Question

Have a 2003 Minnie Winnie and had a left inside dual tire blow. The slide out would not work. Local RV repairman got a new motor (since the tire parts tore through the Styrofoam barrier and the motor had a crack in it). With the new motor the slide went out but not evenly. He felt there was a hydrolic leak but could not find or repair it. He said this was his first RV issue in 20 years he could not fix. We live an hour N of Indianapolis. Would you have an experienced slide out technician you could recommend?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

IF that was a motor down there that was damaged due to the blowout, it is pretty certain that this slideout is not hydraulic, but all electric. And those are usually controlled on the tracking by a set of gears tied together with a cross shaft. What usually happens is that the shear pin on one side breaks and the one side won't come out evenly with the other. Look on the switch and tell me if there is a name or initials so I know whose slide hardware you have. It may be in your Owner's Manual. Once I have that I can direct you in the repair. That is not hard if this is the issue here. All follow ups are included in our fee. I will also make a phone chat option available for you in case you think that would be more productive. A photo of the underneath area of that slide would be helpful attached to your post.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The paperwork that we have says it is from HWH Corporation and is a hydraulic spacemaker room extension system featuring a vertical arm with synchronizing cylinder.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

If you can give me the actual model number of your coach I can check the wiring diagrams from Winnebago and see. IF it is an HWH unit, then it may be the shuttle valve on the pump is damaged as that controls the sync on a room like this. And which slide is the one that isn't working?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am adding a link to the HWH Spacemaker manual for this hardare (if that is what you have) and please have him look at the rack sensing valve adjustment. That may be the problem and is easily corrected. http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml11570.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are lots of numbers in our packet. I'm not sure what one you need so here goes:
type: MPV model: WF431C serial # ***** VIN 1FDXE45S72HB21531
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That is the information I need. I will grab the electrical diagrams for you. It sounds like the rack sensing valve arm is bent and that causes it to be out of adjustment. If that is the issue, I would have him get a new one from HWH or Winnebago. The thing I am having a hard time with here is that you mentioned he replaced a motor. That would point to an all electric slide. The HWH slides have one power unit and motor.........so none of your slides would have worked. And it isn't in the area of the slideout as a rule. Can you attach a photo of the underneath area of that room to your post? I am attaching a link to the Winnebago electrical diagrams for your coach. Bookmark them so you can some back to them again later. Lots of great and useful information in there. http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring.htm

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Wrong link............try this one here. http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2003/03_431c_70167472015.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I'm not that savy with computers and technology so I don't know how to get and send what you want. There is only one slide and it is on the left between the bathroom and driver's seat. It contains the dinette and couch.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Is the switch a key pad with HWH on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what or where the switch is. The button we use to move the slide in and out has nothing on it.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Then it isn't an HWH product.............and it I probably all electric with two motors. One on each side. I think this may have a Digi-sync system from your description. I am attaching a link to that discussion. http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/service/pdfs/2011-02%20Kwikee%20Slide-Out%20Mechanisims%20System%20Identification.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The local RV man replaced the motor and a cap that is on top of the motor and put transmission fluid in the motor. The slide would go in and out but not evenly. He got the motor from HWH so that matches the paperwork we got with the RV and my husband said the motor was exactly like the one that was damaged and removed.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I will go ahead and opt out of this as I don't have a good idea of what you have for a system...........perhaps another tech can figure this out from what you shared.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just wondering if you were able to find out whose system you had here? It appears that none of our other techs could offer anything either. HWH can probably give you some help, but it can take a week or more for them to get back to you because they are so busy there.