Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2007 dutch star with 2 A/C units. the problem is

Customer Question

I have a 2007 dutch star with 2 A/C units. the problem is that in real humid climates they freeze up. I know this because the air flow slows down. Is it possible for the units to be too old, I know you can't recharge them. I also cleaned out the evaporator coils, which gave me more airflow.
The bus really gets hot, need help,
Thanks
RP
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

As long as you keep the air speed up on high and the temp setting down some this should be fine. Check the freeze sensors to be sure they aren't bad. If those units are holding the charge fine, it doesn't make any difference how old they are. I have seen some A/C units go more than 30 years! Humid climates are just hard to work with sometimes. Try this and then get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee. I will make the phone option avaiable for you in case you feel that would be more helpful here.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Did you find that helped here or is this still an issue that needs to be resolved?