Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.
19372534

I have a 10K Quiet Diesel Spec A. I initially found that

Customer Question

I have a 10K Quiet Diesel Spec A. I initially found that occasionally the generator would shut down with an over temp code. I found the fan belt loose and tightened. Then the very next start Gen ran for 30 seconds and shut down with a code 3 and secondary code of 27. After doing procedure in service manual I was determined that Gen controller was bad. I replaced controller and still have the generator shutting down with code 27. Do the codes have to be cleared before the generator will run.
Thank you
Scott
Category: RV
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Hank.

You can not clear the codes in the controller. The only way to clear them are to replace the controller, or when a new code over writes the old code.

If you are getting a code 27 even with the new controller, you have a problem in the generator or connections.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am pretty frustrated having done the exact procedures as per the manual. I had good continuity on all harnesses including coming from the stator rotor. Which leaves the controller. I even loosened the fan/alternator belt which was the last thing I did before I started getting the code 27 loss of ac sense. I spent $739 on a new controller from Onan which is now mine sine I plugged it in. Any clues as to what it might be. Thank you Hank for your help.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Lets start with the right model number - the one you gave is not correct.

I will need the full model number, exactly as it is written on the data label.