Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I'm having problems with my Gen starting and dying down the

Customer Question

I'm having problems with my Gen starting and dying down the more I prime the longer it last
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert

What is the Year, Make and Model of the RV? What is the make and model of the generator? The more info you can provide the better we can assist you... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a mobile grooming van and it is a Onan 7k hgjae
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1990, with over 10k hours
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

This could be a few things, it could be the fuel filter, fuel pump, or the line going from the supply to the tank. To start I would check the line that is going to the fuel tank, many times they will use a rubber line and if that line has any cracks or loose connections the generator can suck air into the lines and might not start. You could get a gas can and run the supply direct to see if that is the problem. Next IF you have not done so I would change the fuel filter. Then you are possibly looking at the fuel pump or carb. as the issue.... Hope this helps some... Robert