Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.
19372534

We have a Roadtrek 2005 with a 2800 propane microlite onan

Customer Question

We have a Roadtrek 2005 with a 2800 propane microlite onan generator. The generator starts and runs fine for about 20 minutes, it starts to surge the surging happens about every 2 minutes. The cummings onan shop in Greensboro NC can not find the problem. The generator only has 105 hours run time. So far we have replaced the coil, spark plug, air filter, fuel shutoff solenoid, demand regulator and checked regulator for propane system that came with the camper. Could you take a couple of minutes and call me at(###) ###-#### ***** have spent a lot on this generator and we need some guidance. Thank you very much Robert Luffman WE are in North Carolina
Category: RV
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Hank.

It sounds like they have covered about everything. The only thing I noticed that you didn't mention was the pressure balance hose. Did they check it?

It needs to be ensured that it is not clogged or kinked.

It also needs to be measured. It must be between 23" and 25" long. Any longer or shorter will affect the operating pressure getting to the demand regulator.