Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Need advice on replacing complete passenger side exterior

Customer Question

Need advice on replacing complete passenger side exterior mirror mounting bracket on 1997 Itasca Sunrise.
Thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Was just helping someone yesterday with a 99 Suncruiser and was having problems getting to the mounting nuts on the other side of the base for the bolts. Does your mirror have caps that expose the bolts? What chassis do you have? IF I helped you yesterday please let me know and I can put your question back up for other experts... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As near as I can tell, the bolt heads are not exposed inside the RV; that's my biggest problem. I am trying to replace exact
mirror as came OE: Velvac 2025 (I believe)
This is a P30 chassis, 1997 Itasca IFC25RC.
Thanks,
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

The owner I helped the other day also had a velvac and screws were not exposed underneath the front cap area was a piece of wood that was resting on a frame rail and the plan was to cut that wood board to get access to the back of the mounting bolts, I would think yours would be similar and that wood needs to be removed to get to the mounting nuts. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could not make heads nor tails out of your last answer.
It may work on someone's MH, but certainly not on mine.
Anyway, I decided if it was going to be resolved I had to do it myself.
The 4 "bolt" heads on the outside appeared to be galvanized cap head bolts.....NOT.
I was preparing to drill into one of them and use an easyout and attempt to remove
it, when I immediately realized those weren't steel......they were PLASTIC. Just covers
for the holes that contained phillips-head screws. Had the mirror off within 5 minutes,
and new one on in another 10.
If you have charged me......please issue credit.
Thank you,
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I was under the impression the plastic caps were already removed, I jumped the gun..... My goal is for you to be satisfied and want to come back in the future, I would be more then happy to request a refund for you.... Robert