Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2002 Winnebago 32v Itasca. Does it have a factory

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Winnebago 32v Itasca. Does it have a factory installed CB antenna and wiring. I am not sure if the antenna on the roof is for the CB. If not can you provide installation instructions for a new CB. Thanks. ***** *****
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

I am going to check into this, chances are if there is no CB antenna on the roof then it is not pre-wired... respond shortly... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

So did you look in the owners manual? IT says the wiring is under the instrument panel and to look for some yellow wires. Click HERE and see 2-15 as it will also show the antenna they used.

I can tell you how to install a new one as well. Normally you would punch a hole in one of the cabinets up front and run your cable from the antenna and then down behind the molding on the drivers window into the dash. The you would need to provide power and ground from an ignition source and it will have to be fused. I would look in your chassis fuse box for an empty fuse slot that has power only when you turn the ignition ON, then run your wires into the dash where the CB is going to be located.... You do want to seal the hole on the roof as well, for that I would use dicor sealant. Hope this helps some... Robert