Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2007 pilgrim international fifth wheel, model 272

Customer Question

i have a 2007 pilgrim international fifth wheel , model 272 BHSS 5. Its been a great trailer with the exception of one thing that irritates the crap out of me. For some reason above the eating area they installed a light fixture that is what you would have in your house. I believe it is 110 or 115 volt instead of 12 volt like the rest of the lights. This light will only work when connected to shore power, not even when it is plugged into a generator, and iv'e tried 4 of mine and my neighbors from 600 to 4000 watt. The dealler w bought from when we took it to them for this problem said it worked fine on their generator and our 4 geberators must be faulty. they obviously lied to us. nother dealer near our home plugged in their generator without success but could not say why it would not work. over the years several deales have been asked why and what I can do about it, but they just shrug their shoulders. Any ideas guys? Ron Rodecap, Peoria z(###) ###-####
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

What does the bulb say on it? The wattage and volts should be on there. they do make 12 VDC bulbs that look like the regular household bulbs.
They are still available. Does this have a 30 amp or a 50 amp shore cord? That might be the problem. Get back to me with this info and I can assist you further. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used the 12 bcc bulbs without success. Shore cord is 30 amp
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

There is really no good reason other than if this has a 50 amp shore cord and you have a 30 amp adapter on the cord for this to work on shore power and not on the genset. OR the genset isn't working properly. OR it has the wrong adapter for your cord. Pretty much has to be one of those.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The shore cord on the trailer is 30 amp and plugs into my house that has a 30 amp recepticl, as does my generator. No adapter plug is used. Either way.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

No reason it shouldn't work then........