Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2008 jayco jay flight, the electric awning is stuck

Customer Question

I have a 2008 jayco jay flight, the electric awning is stuck in the open position. It will not close. How do I get it to retract?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Is the motor working or not? You should be able to hear it if it is. And if you know the make of the awning that would be helpful here. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the motor does make noise and starts to roll then stops and unwinds. I dont know the make
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The name is ***** ***** the control pad of switch. Carefree or A&E. This sounds like the gears are stripped or the casting is broken.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I work on more than one question at a time............busy on weekends!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a carefree of Colorado
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

They make more than one model............but, I suspect that you will need to have this looked at by a tech. Not something most owners can repair. Is there a mobile tech in your location that can come and give you a hand?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I have to leave for the afternoon..........I will opt out of this and let another tech take over if you need more. I will check back later today when I get home.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there anyway I can roll it up?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I had to leave you.............just got home. And you can roll it up manually using two persons and a ladder. You would need to Zip tie it up on the arms to keep it from coming out again on the way back. Hope that helps.........get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.