Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

No rear running lights how do i repair I have brake lights

Customer Question

No rear running lights how do i repair I have brake lights and turning signals
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Did you actually check the fuses? Many times they look good and aren't. This may be in the headlight switch. Having a 12 VDC test light would be a big help here. About $5 or so at most hardware stores. Or a small digital multimeter would be good too. Check the bulbs and sockets as they may be dirty from condensation. Those are all things to check first. Then get back to me if we need to dig deeper on this. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked all the fuses and all the light bulbs and they seem to be fine there's no corrosion of buildup the fuses are find have taken a couple out looked at him and put him back in and none of those him to be an issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd already tried all the things that you had suggested so I may have to call out a mechanic because I'm camping right now and it is unsafe to drive with it the way it is
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

IF you have no way of testing the light switch, then that may be the case. It might be a bad ground, but you might not have a good way of putting in a test ground. Perhaps check with the campground and see which mobile tech works in that area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried all the things that you had mentioned and I ended up having to call somebody out and have it rewired from the tail into the front running lights so I am up and running please don't process my payment because I already tried all the things that you had suggested prior to you suggesting them as I mentioned so do not process the payment if you have any questions please text me back thank you Margie
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

10-4

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.