Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The slide out on my Prowler will not work electrically. The

Customer Question

The slide out on my Prowler will not work electrically. The motor is not receiving power, and neither is the switch. My batteries are new and fully charged. Everything works in the trailer except the slide. How I can I restore power to the slide switch?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

I would look near the battery and make sure you do not have an auto breaker tripped, below is a picture. On many setups the slideroom motor is wired directly to the battery and sometimes you will find that auto breaker, Most have a small tab that pops out on them when they trip. As a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and can be on the frame. You might have more then one, to test with a meter you should have voltage on each post to chassis ground. The power for the switch should come from the main fuse panel inside. Sometimes between the switch and motor you will have a relay board. Hope this helps some....Robert

Breaker,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cable from the battery runs aft directly off the battery, under the front edge of the trailer, and then heads up through the floor. There are no breakers before it disappears through the floor. I've also checked the main fuse box and the fuse is in tact. I've even swapped it with another one, and I'm still not getting power to the switch. Ive searched every compartment I can find and cannot locate the relay board you mentioned.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Normally the switch gets power from the fuse panel, and then when you hit the switch it allows power to the motor and motor is wired to the battery. IF you have no voltage at the switch then it could be a problem with the wire from the switch to the fuse panel. It would be hard for me to say where the problem would be on that wire. I would verify the fuse for the slide-room has power and then I might try to ohm that wire out from the fuse panel to the switch. IF you want to try another expert on this please let me know.... Robert