Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Randall I have 1994 brave I was trying to check why my

Customer Question

Hi Randall I have 1994 brave I was trying to check why my heater blower motor switch didn't work.in doing so grounded out for a moment something. Now won't start I have power to gages and lights. Generator won't start and no power to jack system. And it seems that just the top relay buzes when I try to start it.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Check to see if you blew a fuse on the disconnect solenoid. IS that where the buzzing is coming from? You may have damaged it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If that's the one with to 5 amp fuses they are good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked both fuses 5 amp are good that seems to be were the noise comes from when I try to start it.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The easy way to test that is to jump it by moving one cable over to the other side. IF everything works then you know the solenoid is toast.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jumped across and it brought the cabin tanks and pump back on line but the starter and jacks no power.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Check the shortstop breakers in the Battery Control Center and see if one is tripped. Push the black button back in to reset it. Having a small digital multimeter would be very helpful here and cut down the time. About $20 or so at most hardware stores.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have one 30 cir. Breaker and found it not hot eatther side now this is not jumping across relay.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Can you send me a photo of this area attached to your post?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's the picture
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

It may take some time for them to post it up to me........

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I never did get the photo.............are you sure you attached it to your post?