Blake Pankratz
Blake Pankratz,
Experience:  Parts Department Manager at Steinbach Holiday RV
72417155

2002 HR Endeavor. Why, if house battery is dead, can I not

Customer Question

2002 HR Endeavor.
Why, if house battery is dead, can I not start the gender if I run the big engine
Category: RV
Expert:  Blake Pankratz replied 1 year ago.

This is probably because the generator is starting off of the house battery. You will need to wait until the house battery has a charge to start the generator.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long, seems I can give it quite a while and it still won't start until I plug it in and then it will start in a few minutes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Now that you say this it sounds like this might be a problem with the coach not charging the house batteries. Have you checked the house batteries with a load tester? It is possible that this could be a problem with the batteries themselves not being able to take a charge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The batteries will take charge from the gen set and when plugged in to outlet, just won't charge when coach is running, not even enough to start gen set when they are dead. Let coach run for an hour once an still nothing.

Interesting, it sounds like there is some sort of battery isolator that is not working correctly that will not allow the coach to charge the house batteries.